Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Misty

Today turned into an off day. It rained a decent amount, but it wasn’t actually raining at ride time. It was very wet out and misting. It was enough mist that if one were out for an hour or more s/he would be totally soaked and cold. No thanks. I opted for dusting and sweeping instead. Not nearly the workout, but whatever.
The rest of the week looks good, so I should have my opportunities. This Sunday’s CX is the race @ Major Taylor Velodrome in Indy. It starts on the track and goes out and around it. It’s a pretty good course, not too technical, and w/ a couple of long open sections that a) are chances to hammer if you’ve got it left and/or b) very open to the wind. The road section goes south and then you dismount, over barrier, turn 180* and head north on the grass. So if the wind is either N or S, you’ll have a push one way and a headwind the other. I guess I’ll just hope the wind is light and not a factor.
Over the past week or so I have been listening to, in chronological order, X’s albums when I’m getting ready for work and stuff. I’m basically listening to one until I decide I’ve had enough if it, then putting in the next. I usually have one in for a few days before changing. I’m to their third so far, so I’ll have it in and listen to it through probably 3-5 times over the next few days.

No comments: