Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Time off

So far in my week off I’ve drunk way too much coffee in the a.m. and almost gotten my road bike overhauled. I should be done w/ it tomorrow morning. I’m getting a little sick of working on bikes right now.
Since the second week of October I have overhauled DP’s MTB, o’hauled my MTB, o’hauled Lindsay’s road bike, (moved her parts to a new frame) built my TT bike (which is Lindsay’s old frame w/ aero parts) and o’hauled my road bike. Plus routine crap on my cx bike AND worked on bikes everyday at work. Man, that’s a lot of working on bikes. I guess that’s what I do though; it’s my thing.
While working on my bike all morning I tend to keep filling my coffee cup and end up w/ a stomach ache. At least it keeps me busy so I don’t bounce off the walls. Not working out is hard to do when you’re used to doing it every day as routine. Giving my body a week to heal up will do me some good though.
So, no race this weekend, which is a first in 5 or so weeks. Then next weekend is the IN ST CX Champs. I really want to do well there. If I can pull off a ride like I had this past weekend, I can be the IN ST CX Champ. We’ll see, I try to not get worked up over 1 race and look at the whole, but I’d really like to win this one (and note: I don’t have to cross the line first for this distinction, I just have to cross the line in front of other racers licensed in Indiana, which I did this past weekend).
One step at a time though, I have to get through this rest week, train some next week, recover from Thanksgiving, then get it done.

No comments: