Sunday, December 17, 2006

Underground road trip

Today we had an Underground Series race, which would normally be in B-Town, in Columbus. 4 of us from B-Town went over for some nice day c-bus cx action. Andy Messer set up a great course in a park on the west side. It had a lot of pavement and two stair run ups. It was a tough, but fast course. I ended up third, but had to work for it.
After the race we all rode on the paved trail around Columbus. They have a really nice trail system and it was nice to spin the legs out after the hard CX effort.
Back Tracking:
Wednesday I got out on the road bike for a couple hours. I rode South Shore Dr. It has been a fee days now, but I think it was pretty windy, but otherwise nice.
Thursday I rode the TT bike out 446. I rode for an hour. This basically consisted of riding out until my clock read 0:30.00 and turning around. No biggy, just wanted to get in a little time on the TT. I ended up riding harder than I wanted to, but what can I say, that just goes fast.
Friday I went out for an easy hour on road bike.
I fear the payback for this great weather. It’s been so nice and I’m afraid we will pay big time for it soon. It is supposed to stay mild next week too. We’ll see what goes down. Here’s my prediction: 1) no white xmas. 2) While we (my fam and I) are at my brother’s wedding in Louisiana (12/30) the weather will turn to crap here and we won’t be able to get back for several days. Place your bets.

No comments: