Friday, November 28, 2008

Boltingberg and TURKEY!

This is Boltinghouse hill. The most famed of the Monroe County "bergs." Less than 1 mile, ~225', ~3minutes.


Thanksgiving day I wanted to get out for quick ride before heading home. I planned to go out via Griffey Lake, go up to the 'fire station,' turn around and come back in. Somewhere along the route i realized i haven't ridden Boltinghouse all year, so i decided to make that my route. And so it was. Actually, they have paved Boltinghouse Rd. since I'd been on it and it was ~a million times easier to negotiate when you don't have to watch/switch your line constantly; kudos.


Then came the feast. Thanksgiving was great. Time w/ the fam, and good eats. We spent the day hanging out and chatting. My brother and his wife were absent (out of country I think), but we still had a good day. I came home with what seems to be fewer left overs than years past, but that's probably good.

Tomorrow is Storm The Greens CX race in Louisville, KY on the same grounds (different course though) as the USGP there. It's looking like rain, so we'll see how this one turns out.

Oh and 2 more things:

1) as I type I'm making turkey stock out of the carcase from our feast. I'm planning to make some turkey/rice/veggie soup with it.

2) one of my fav bands, The Detroit Cobras are coming to Indy this Friday (12/5). Best of all, the show is free! I've never seen them, but I guess they kick ass live.

No comments: