Monday, November 24, 2008

Indoor gym (dungeon?)

This is my basement/indoor workout facility/dungeon. I am trying, and have been trying since last year, to not view it as a dungeon, or torture chamber and last year I was able change my outlook on indoor training. I need and want to see it as a necessary part of getting fast, not mindless torture.
Anywho, I was down there today due to rain. rain I can handle, 40's I can handle, but rain and 40's? Not gonna happen.
Yesterday I woke up feeling stiff and unbalanced. I had a 3hr MTB ride planned, and got it in (2hr 44min, 28.8miles), but my technical riding was off. I rode fine overall, good pedalling, etc, but I was kind of all over technically. Oh well, it happens. It was sunny and in the high 40's; killer day to be out. There were, however, a ton of people out, all which were going the opposite direction we were, and being a proper gentleman, I tend to yield to other riders. So I was stopping and getting off the side of the trail every minute or so through some sections.
Thanksgiving is this week which is awesome. Going to the 'rents for Turkey, etc.
Guns-n-Roses new album, Chinese Democracy, 15 years in the making came out yesterday. It is a Best Buy exclusive, which totally blows, but I got it anyway. It's pretty good. Axl's voice is still fully intact and he has lost none of his range. I theorize this is due to, while other rock singers that are still around (say, James Hetfield of Metallica) have been on the road or in the studio belting it out 300 days a year for the last 15 years, Axl has been doing nothing, so his chords are where he left them after the Use Your Illusions tour (which was w/ Meatllica). I don't know, but the album sounds pretty good.
Happy Thanksgiving all.
I hope to get out this week for some solid workouts, I am racing the next 2 weekends, then a week off.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Adam, When did you switch from the Giant to the C-Dale, and why? Also, give me a ride comparison between the two and what are the weights.
I'm looking at my next road bike purchase, hence all of the questions.
Thanks
Randy (Jumpy)