Saturday, November 15, 2008

What a week

I made salsa. A few friends gave me a bunch of hot peppers. This is carrot, onion, garlic, some tomato and an ass load of super hot peppers. I only recognized the habenaros, but there is some serious fire in this jar!

Man, I think it has rained every day this week. And been pretty cold to boot.I had to make some seat-the-pants changes to training plans this week, but I made it through. I got out for the standard short recovery ride Monday and took out the 11 speed bike for trip #2. I like the stuff, but, still later for review.

Tuesday was looking grim on the radar, so rather than the ride-run-ride @ Paynetown trails, I ran from home to the Y gravel trail, then rode rollers. It was different, but worked.

Wed and Thurs were rainy/cold so I rode the CX bike both days. Wed I rode out the secret single track to the east side of the county, but it was so leaf covered and wet I crashed over bars once and was dabbing feet constantly; no fun at all.

Thursday I went out Bottom road to a gravel road called Williams that Tim Cote, RS and I used to go bust hill repeats on (thanks to Ren-Jay for reminding of this gem). I did 2 repeats of the "loop" we used to do and it was a really good ride. Tough as nails though.

Friday I rode-ran-rode at Griffey Lake trails. I felt like a million bucks on the run and fine on the bike, but I have been really sore in both of my (current) problem areas the past two days. My lower back (upper butt) and upper back (between shoulders) have been especially bothersome.

Anywho, hope to get in about 3hrs tomorrow. I really want to go to the CX race in Lexington, KY, but it's just farther than I want to drive (drive 3hrs to race for 45min??).

I planned my week off for Dec. 8-13. After this week I'll start in w/ weights and indoor interval riding. This is the plan.

No comments: