Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday. 20*

I don't have a relevant pic, so I pulled out this gem from the files.
Tom Green came to Muncie several years ago for a show or something and he organized his own "Tom Green Day Parade." It went right in front of the bike shop so I went out to check it out and I had to get my picture taken w/ the "talent" from the local Muncie strip club, Jokers Wild.
Anywho, it snowed yesterday. Enough to coat the sidewalks; not a problem in-and-of-itself, but this morning it's 20. I just don't have the mojo to get out in 20 yet. Plus today is scheduled as a ride-run-ride day, and 1) stopping to change into running shoes, etc is bad when it's real cold and 2) riding after running is bad when it's real cold too because I get sweaty running, then jump into a 20mph bike ride while wet. F that S.
I decided to bag it all, wash my cycling laundry and do some house cleaning.
I didn't fee l real good all week training wise anyway. I got all my workouts in (except today), but didn't feel strong at all. I guess I have to get used to wearing so much clothing my movement is restricted (unlike the skanks in the picture) and it being cold. Those things just slow you down.(period)
I had a good ride yesterday and actually did feel pretty good. I think because I was riding w/ someone (RS) and he was slow(er) too. When I'm alone I push way hard, not willing accept that circumstance is slowing me. When I'm w/ someone else who is victim of the same circumstances, we can match pace w/out bull-headedly pushing against the circumstances the season dictates.
Whatever. We may go ride MTB's Sunday @ BCSP.
Then it's CX races the following 2 Sundays (11/20, 12/7), then a week off of training. Then 2009 training begins. So I have to plow through two more weeks of training, albeit relatively unstructured, then we'll get things going.

No comments: