Sunday, November 09, 2008

F*****g Winter!


I got my mountain bike stripped, cleaned and overhauled over the last week or so. Finished product has blue shift housing to match fork and frame accents.
Plus I got my (Giant) road bike fitted w/ a new Campagnolo Chorus 11speed grouppo. I've ridden it just once, so report/pics to follow some time (I need to ride it more).

Man, I'd say winter's here. I guess this weekend (and the 10 day) are below av, but it's cold. I finished out a solid training week w/ a ~3hr ride today. Combine temps that didn't make into the 40's w/ a blistering headwind all the way back from Nashville, and it make s a nasty ride. I was totally dying on the way back. On the positive, one of the roads I planned on taking had a "road closed" sign, so I took a different route and rode a road I've never been on, but heard was cool called Grandma Barnes Road that runs between hwy135 in Nashville and Helmsberg Rd. It's a cool narrow road that is mostly downhill from 135 (of course you have to climb up 135 to get to it). I'm going to put this road/ride in the rotation.
Friday I had to take Lindsay to Indy to catch her ride to Michigan to race the Iceman Cometh MTB race there. I took my road bike (Giant/11speed) and Josh and I rode road up there. It's crazy to me that we rode ~25miles and never really got out of town. I'm used to being out of town for rides in ~10minutes. It was a good ride, but I wouldn't want to have to ride like that all the time.
This weather is going to take some getting used to. Hopefully the wind associated w/ the front dies down because man, today was like Muncie windy, but w/ hills and COLD!

No comments: