Monday, November 03, 2008

Still no computer, quick update #2

I still don't have our primary PC back from repair yet. The hardrive was fried and it has to be replaced. The dude sounded hopeful data can be reassigned okay, but won't know till he's done which should be today.

Despite sub freezing a.m. temps, I had a solid training week last week. I got in all my workouts (I skipped Tuesday's run in favour of a ride though, my left calf or shin or something was bugging me). I raced the OVCX cross race at the Cincinnati Gun Club yesterday. It was a good MTB style course, but had tons of broken clay pigeon things everywhere and shotgun shells littered around too. I finally got a decent start position (4th row, not great, but better than last row) and I ended up 8th/35 or so. The course had 2 long straight stretches that were 25+ MPH, a double sand pit. then lots of tight tech stuff w/ lots of up and down on the back side. It was a lung/leg burner for sure; I was worked straight up afterwards.
Well, now that we made it through last week's cold spell and summer is back, this should be a good week too. I am not planning to race for a few weeks, as the races the next 2 weeks are farther away then I care to drive (Yellow Springs, OH and Lexington, KY). So I likely won't race until after thanksgiving, and I may weigh so much by then that I'll have to enter the Clydesdale division!
I have some pics from the USGP, but they're on the other computer, so I'll post them when I get it back (assuming they're able to be saved).

No comments: