Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cold, wind, November!



Bean Blossom hill up into Morgan Monroe St. Forest (which they appear to be logging now too).





One of my favorite distributors, Ochsner, had these sweet Assos winter hats on blow out for $12. Anything Assos for $12 is a bargain, and this hat is awesome!


I got out for ~40miles today and felt really good. After seeing how windy it was, I changed my plan from ~50-60miles to ~30. But I felt good enough I turned on some unplanned roads to get some more time in.
I rode my 11speed Giant, so I got a good longer ride in on it w/ some good hills, etc. I have a good feel for it now.
I also got all of our patio furniture in the basement and our hoses in for the winter.
Plus I got some things done to my CX bike I've been needing to do. Amongst other things, I have been meaning to check my wheels, since they are newly built, to make sure they're still good-n-true. They are perfect as the day they wee built; and I have ridden them hard. My wheel guy is an ace. He's a reader, so that's a well deserved ego booster for him!


I also forgot to mention that I took Lindsay to The Irish Lion for her birthday dinner Friday night (though her b-day was Wednesday). We had a good dinner and good time.

Temps are looking COLD for the coming week's mornings. Yippy Yeah!





No comments: