Sunday, December 14, 2008

Belgium Sunday

...maybe Cannondale didn't invent the Lefty fork after all...

Today was #1 in the Bloomington Underground Cross Series. It was a very Belgium day, from what I hear of Belgium. It was forecasted to be in the mid 50's, sunny and windy. It was in the high 30's, super cloudy and super windy. With a little rain spitting here and there for good measure. The course was pretty good and pretty hard. I rode well for having not ridden for a whole week. There was a very big turnout too. I didn't count how many, but I think there was more than I've ever seen show up for one of these. The course had two playground run throughs, which meant running through 4" deep pea gravel. It was like running through quick sand, and it clogged up my cleats on almost every lap, forcing me to have to bang my shoes on my bike to get the gravel out to clip back in; kind of a pain, whatever.
Josh came down and he, Ryan/Sara and I all hung out afterwards. It was a pretty good day.
Lindsay is out of town for the week so I'm planning to train non stop. It's time to start in w/ lifting/core and more running/riding and basically, I figured that if I'm not training I'll just get bored, so I might as well train in the mornings and evenings both until she gets back. I'm planning a big week and hope to feel totally destroyed by Saturday.
I had a good week off, but as always it went fast. I fell somewhat refreshed, and I made sure and ate plenty during the week to restore/rebuild.
So here goes: lifting 2x/week, run 2x/week, ride 5x/week and core everyday except Saturday.
I'll keeps you's updated!

No comments: