Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Sick-mas

These are two sweet books I got for Christmas: Mom, Have You Seen My Leather Pants?: The Tale of a Teen Rock Wannabe Who Almost Was

This dude was in a band in the early 90's that played the Sunset Strip clubs and they were only 16. He has no hesitations at poking fun of himself and his aspirations. It's a good read so far.


This one is the history of Campagnolo, both the company and the man. Good so far as well, w/ a lot of pictures.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I spent most of Christmas on my parent's bathroom floor. As John Smith put it "sounds like a great New Years Day, but a bad Christmas."
Not sure what happened. I slept for only about 2hrs Christmas eve, decided around 2am to go to the couch, where I watched Adult Swim cartoons all night (Aqua Teen, Robot Chicken, etc), then fell back asleep from around 6am-7:30am. Then everyone else got up, we did our present routine, I went and ran for ~30min then relaxed for about an hour until food time. Directly after eating, I started not feeling too well and went and laid down. An hour or two later, I was throwing up everything I had eaten. The I laid back down for awhile, and threw up again once we decided to leave. Lindsay had to drive us home and I slept the whole way. I went to bed as soon as we got home, slept about 14hrs, then went to work. I felt really tired, but not sick anymore. I feel normal today. What a drag though. I did loose ~4lbs when most people gain a bunch, so that's something I guess.
I also got a set of T-handle allen wrenches that will make certain jobs on bikes easier and my Dad got me a new Dremel tool. the one I have is old and the battery 1) has no power and 2) lasts ~5minutes; that just won't do.
Oh, I also got the 2003 Ghent-Wevelgem/2003 Het Volk DVD (both races in one package) to watch while on trainer AND the 2007 Giro d'Italia, which saw the peloton on 20% unpaved grades. Nice.
Today is sunny and going to be in the 40's. I'm riding outside.



No comments: