Thursday, January 01, 2009

Adam's Great 2008 Memoirs:

Uhhhh, I can't really remember anything of any real significance that happened to me in 2008. I'm sure there was plenty.
But I have been riding really good so far in 2009. All 57miles I've put in.
Ren Jay, RS, Fred, Val Tordoro and myself set out for a good ~3hr New Years Day ride today. I had a terrible ride Tuesday, terrible enough that I was worried about today's ride. I rode superbly and felt great today though. I did bonk out at the absolute end of the ride, but I've yet gain back the close to 6lbs I lost being sick last week, so some bonkage is to be expected. I'm eating a lot, but working out a lot too. It'll all come around.
Today turned out to be really nice. It was windy, as it has been, and it probably didn't get much over 35*, but I was never cold. We rode Bear Wallow, one of my favorite climbs, and then rode Hwy 135 North form Nashville, which I'd never ridden before. This stretch is probably the longest climb in the area and real steady grade. It is my new favorite road. Ryan described it as like riding the mountains of Colorado: steady grades, not super steep, but constant. It was awesome and I really liked it, I have been told that roads such as these would suit my size/climbing style the best. Maybe it does. Unfortunately, in the peak Nashville season, this road is more-than-less unrideable due to high volume of Nashville car traffic. Oh well, it'll be one of those gems that can't be enjoyed just any old time.
Anywho...

Happy New Year! May health, happiness and all that garb be yours.

No comments: