Friday, January 09, 2009

I'm so fast on the trainer...

...that I'm a blur!

I've been only riding my TT bike on trainer lately. It gives me more positions and the aero bars are a nice place to be when pushing big gears.
I have been wearing compression socks for recovery since Jan 1 too. I got my Dad (a runner) a pair of really nice ones for Christmas, but when I went to get myself some they had only large. So I went to CVS and got some cheap-ass "geriatric/travel support compression hosiery" that seem to be okay. I can tell they're going to stretch (wear out) relatively fast, but they were cheap enough that it's no biggy. They feel really nice after a hard ride or run. The support of the calf muscles feels good, plus the circulatory benefit, while not as sensory-noticeable, is a benefit all the same. And with "performance and health benefits that were quantitatively verified at Hong Kong Polytechnic" (at least on that's the Sugoi's claim) how can one go wrong?
W/ some Christmas money I picked up Floyd Landis's book "Positively False: The Real Story of How I WON the Tour de France." It's really good and while always been a Floyd fan, this book has made a big Floyd fan. He rules. I'm looking forward to seeing him in 2009 racing w/ his new team.
This post has ~1million hyperlinks in it, sorry. I got a little "hyperlink happy."

No comments: