Monday, January 12, 2009

Just how lame is Adam???

Sure I go to bed early, don't party, don't do drugs, etc. But I'm so lame I rated my top 5 coffee mugs for the blogosphere: #'s 4 and 5.(peppers 4, stripes 5)

#'s 2 and 3. (B&B 3, King 4).

And #1. My Campy mug.


And the top 5 in order. (it should also be noted that I'm so superstitious that when I am racing off road, I will ONLY drink from my King cup, a situation that was complicated when I switched my King wheels from my MTB to my CX bike, further, road racing I drink ONLY from my Campag mug.)
I had a killer work out yesterday (Sunday). I went out to avenge myself on Shilo Road. I think I didn't post about my last (which was my first) ride on Shilo. It was post my X-mas sickness 9dec 30 actually) and w/ some hammer heads. I got my ass handed to me; just straight out dropped. I wanted to forget about it, as it was one of the worse-er days I've had on the road in a long while.
Anywho, I decided I was going to go out and do a few intervals, two of them being Shilo rd. When the road kicked up, I went as hard as I could for 5min, then took 2 min off pace, then finished off the road all out (~4min). I also did two flat road intervals (Shilo Rd is 99% up hill) 53x12 ~70rpm). I felt great and rode really well.It was cold, my bottles were freezing, but i got about 2.5hrs w/ some hard ints. excellent day.
Today is the start of my January block, so I ran long (for me) this a.m. Long means ~5miles, but hey, I'm not training to be a runner. Felt pretty good.
I can't recall feeling this good and having so many consistently good workouts this early ever before. I'm liking this.




1 comment:

Gina said...

The mug faves and superstitions are cracking me up.

Kudos on the great training in 2009. I hope you keep feeling this good!