Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A change of sport??

After today's run, I think I can take Anton Apollo Ohno in the speedskating. It was super icy, but I had a ride/run/ride (riding inside) scheduled, so I went out. I barely could make it up the hill from our driveway and the had to run down the center of the road. When I got to the gravel path at the YMCA, I had to run on the grass beside it because the gravel was frozen solid too. I got the full run in and added only 1min to the ~3.5mile route, despite having to go way slow at times w/ a ~2"stride to not slip and fall.
I ended last week w/ another 3hr indoor session (again broken into three ~1hr sessions [two trainer 1 roller]). The trainer sessions were hard stuff w/ high quality intervals; felt really good. I got another 12hr week, so off season is going well. I'm feeling really good right now and am optimistic for 2009.
This week is the last week of my December block, then I move into the January block, which is very similar, but w/ 1 extra long ride session in favour of a run session. So I go from 2 long rides and 2 runs to 3 long rides and 1 run (w/ lift sessions and easy rides mixed in still).
Big news is: the USGP cross race in Louisville for 2009 is scheduled for the same weekend as the Hilly 100! Hill is my busiest weekend of the year. I really wanted to do both days of the USGP this year, but instead I'll be doing neither. They did add a USGP weekend in Madison, WI that I may try to make instead. I know some people there (via my brother), so I may plan to go to Madison for some CX action in Sept. Long way off though, who knows?
Till next time...

No comments: