Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hot ride, cold day


Sauteed carrots and green beans in olive oil w/ garlic.

Pan seared tuna steaks in olive oil (w/ a little sesame oil), crushed chilli's, garlic and w/ a sesame seed crust.
I decided to make up a nice dinner for us last night (Wed). It was pretty killer. Take that Georgia Gould. I may not be a world cup racer chick, but I can cook like a motha!
Today (thurs) turned out to be a really nice day. It was cold this morning, but Fred Ryan and I went out for a couple hours in the mid 20's. It was the first really fast "barn burner" ride of the year for us. It was one of those "try to contribute here-and-there, but hang on for dear life" rides that are common place in June, July and/or August. But we killed it this January day. I am feeling WAY stronger (and faster) than I can ever remember feeling this early.
I went to the Chiro yesterday for some deep massage/'adjustments' (as they call it). He got my upper back 'adjusted', which due to the tightness of the surrounding muscles (rhomboid's) he hasn't previously been able to do. It was a minor crack, err, adjustment, but at least it appears to starting to give.
Another note: since December or so I have read no fewer than three books. I am almost finished w/ #4 and I just ordered two more. This is a feat for me, as I normally am a non-reader. They are pretty much all bike racing biography, but whatever.
Welp, that's it for now, gotta get to readin!

No comments: