Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday, she was a cold one

Sunday was #2 of the Bloomington Underground Cross Series. I hadn't mentioned it earlier because w/ the temps as low as they were I wasn't sure 1) if it would be held at all or 2) if I would attend even if it were held. well it was held, I went and it was cold. About 10-12 people showed, which surprised me. It was ~25* w/ a light snow covering and healthy batch of wind. My feet got a little wet from the snow, which made them very cold. Everything else was fine, but my feet hurt. I rode really well; really hard. When I got home I took off my shoes/socks and my toes were hot to the touch, red and swollen. I elevated my feet until they started feeling normal again, then went down and did a roller ride to get in hours for the week.
My hours were a little short this week due to 1) my Friday night roller ride was cut short by a total lack of motivation; I just wasn't feeling it. All the motivation in the world couldn't have kept me on. 2) W/ Sunday being a CX 'race' day, I knew the week would end up a little short because I try to get in 3hrs on Sunday, but w/ a CX, 3hrs just isn't going to happen. I tell myself that 50min as hard as I can go is sufficient for ~2hrs worth of indoor riding, so I don't worry much about it.
#3 in the series is this Sunday, so it's likely to be another short(er) week hour wise (meaning 8-9 instead of 10-12).
This is week #2 of January block, and my Monday "long" run felt good today. I must say though, I'm looking forward to being done running. Just 2 more weeks (16 sessions) for this block. The it's all riding and lifting for February and March.
I'm sore in the back-al area. I'm going to go to the chiro tomorrow.
This post is boring even to me, sorry.

No comments: