Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Y.T.D.

This is a pic of some of the course at Brookside. You can see the icy road on the far left and the crappy conditions. It's funny, people think of cross as 'mud, wet, cold, etc,' but around here anyway, all the racers I know would rather have it dry and moderate. I guess it makes for less fun spectating, you know like NASCAR, which drivers want to get in crashes? Probably none, but the fans love it!

Somewhere on course. Looks to be pre-crash because my leg warmers were all dirty post.


I believe this was a run up w/ a "natural barrier" (a down tree). This was difficult because the ground was mostly ice where you had to dismount making footing very poor.
So, year-to-date (YTD).
Since this is my official week off training, it's really the end of my year. Here are some numbers (all from 1/1/08-12/8/08):
mileage: 5,975.4.
hours training: 418hr 20min.
kcal burned training: 62,121
My magic number for hours trained is 520. That's av 10hrs/week for 52 weeks. I was short, but better than last year (which was closer to 400).
My mileage comes to 127av/week. I'd like to see that closer to 160, but again, close.
Loosing 1 pound requires 3,000 calories burned. So if I'd not eaten this year I would have lost around 21lbs training (not including base metabolism).
Factoring in 2500/day bmr added to 62,121 training, I burned ~974,621 kcals. So if I'd not eaten and factoring in bmr, I'd have lost ~324 lbs, which would be at ~-189lbs. Man I could float up hills at negative 190lbs!
Anywho, 6,000 miles for the year is pretty good for a working stiff like me. I'll take it.


No comments: