Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's no wonder...


It's no wonder fat people don't like riding bikes; it's hard! (photo 'borrowed' from Thomson, maker of the finest [alloy] seat posts available. I guess it's a real guy and Thomson was the only post he couldn't break)(and a side note: Thomson makes a poster of this picture, which they were giving out at Interbike. My roomies got one and hung it over my bed while I was out, thanks guys!)
Anywho, I rode home tonight w/ a 40 pound bag of salt and two 1/2 gallons of liquid (OJ and milk) in the milk crate I have on the rack of my winter commuter. It was tough. If I weighed ~50lbs more, I'd be ~185lbs, and that would not be fun to carry around. I guess I'd probably graduate from having "chicken legs" to maybe "turkey legs," but still. And w/ these icy roads, it's tough getting around. I got the salt to salt my driveway, which I can barely get to the end of w/out crashing.
I have had a week of high quality workouts. I had a really good trainer ride this a.m., and took tonight off. I'll do the am/pm tomorrow and it looks like Sunday will be and insider too. In fact, the 10-day forecast looks like sh!t, so it's going to be inside, inside, inside. Just remember, self, resistance training makes us stronger.

No comments: