Friday, April 10, 2009

...because so much is riding on your tires


A representative form Michelin tires came in today. He asked a bunch of questions and I was totally honest w/ him. I told him I am not a big fan of their tires, as I have used them in the past (many years ago) and was not happy w/ the way they wore. He said they've changed since I've been on them (which was the original Axial Pro days) and asked if I'd be willing to try a pair of Pro 3 Race tires to evaluate. Of course I accepted, as anything free is worth the price. My rain bike needs new rubber anyway, so I figured riding these in bad conditions and even on trainer/rollers will put them through the ringer and give a) him good feedback and b) me a sense of how they've come in last, 7 or so years. I told him (as a buyer) I'm not particularly loyal to any tire, but I really only ride Continental for road tires and am very happy w/ them...
...to be continued in the distant future (as in I need to get several thousand miles on my "b" bike before I'll have a feel for their wear).

No comments: