Thursday, April 16, 2009

Who Knew??



Who knew that Tony Cruz has spent so much time in Indiana lately? Here's a quote from him: "...the rain has been killing us. Rain and 40-degree weather for me is hard." Tony, a former US Postal/Discovery PRO is now on team BMC (which also wear Assos [Swiss] clothing to go w/ their BMC [Swiss] Bikes) is actually talking about Belgium, and any PRO who wear Assos is alright by me.

And besides, it was super nice here today. And I had a great ride. I went out on what is, for me, one of the harder "normal" routes in the area, North Shore Dr. I felt good into the wind and climbed strong. I got a flat too. BUT, for the first time in forever or so, my spare tube WASN'T pre-popped from being in my seatbag all funky. Bonus. Seriously, my spare tube is pre-flatted so frequently that I've taken to carrying one of these in my jersey pocket all the time now (the kit is about the size of a quarter).

Anywho, the sunshine woke me back up today. I felt good. And I mowed the yard yesterday. It kind of sucked, but wasn't too bad. Except that I ran out of gas w/ about 4 lines left to mow and had to go to the gas station.

Road bike racing this weekend. I'm kind of anxious to race MTB's this year too. The ten day forecast doesn't look too bad either. Not great, but not terrible.

No comments: