Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cold weather, under the weather

So after a great weekend, the weather turned cold again. Morning lows in the high 30's or low 40's have had me riding inside Mon and Tues. I have felt a little sick too though. So I slept in today and skipped my planned TT workout.
I started getting sick at this time last year and had a bad BCSP RR due to it, then took off a week after fighting it and fighting it, then had a bad Tour de West Lafayette a week later due to all that. Well, there's no Tour de West Lafayette this year, but the BCSP RR is this weekend. I am drinking lots of echinachea tea and taking double vitamins. Let's hope this passes.
I did a cool trainer workout yesterday though. I sat down and wrote out, by memory, the approximate time and effort for each stretch of road between town and the MMSF loop. I ended up at Bean Blossom climb @ ~30min, which is about right time wise, but I ended up short time wise overall by 20-30min. It was a cool experiment though and the time really flew by because it was a bunch of "2min tempo, 1 min hard, 1 min ez, 3 min tempo, etc." So the longest stretches were 5-6min at a time before a switch. And after a hard section, it was usually easy (because on the back side of most climbs is a descent, though after the 5-6min hard for Bean Blossom, it's another 5 min hard tempo for the Main Forest Road).
--Will me better readers!

No comments: