Friday, April 24, 2009

Crank dat


This is the tailgate field where I have a little cross course laid out for winter CX practice. (pic taken in November or something)



This is the same field today set up for a Soulja Boy Little 5 concert tonight. So in Football season it's tailgate, in cross season it's my practice filed and Little 5 time it's reserved for "Crankin dat Soulja Boy."
Otherwise, this town is full-on crazy right now. People everywhere, people driving like total idiots (even more so than usual if that's possible) and parties at every other house. Nuts.
I did get out to ride the past two days and am feeling better. I think maybe I was attacked by allergens. But I've been hitting all the home remedies hard to not take any chances.
RS and I rode an easy-ish lap of the Morgan-Monroe St Forest Thursday and I rode hard for a couple sections and rode the Bean Blossom climb very hard to see if I "had it" after feeling down. Turns out I did, in deed, "have it." I didn't time the ascent, but I'm pretty positive I PR'd up it. Let's hope that can transfer over to this weekend @ BCSP.
I rode an hour easy today, so that's all I can do headed into the weekend.
I've been trying and trying to find a quote I heard from Roger Penske, but I cannot find it. I can't remember exactly what it is, but it's something like "winning occurs at the intersection of preparation, execution and luck." I really liked the quote.



No comments: