Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ceraland, etc.

Picture of the eventual podium @ Amstel Gold race in Holland (though not in that order).

This weekend was the IRS (Indiana Race Series) weekend. Ceraland circuit in Columbus on Saturday and the Mooresville circiut Sunday. Mooresville was cancelled due to rain, but it was a beautiful day yesterday for Ceraland. For reasons I don't really know I'd never done Ceraland. Too bad, because it's a really good circuit. I didn't get any real result to speak of, I'd guess 20th or so. It all stayed together for the most part and I covered a few moves and rode the front some, but mainly sat in and finished in the pack (which av'd 25.1mph!). I did avoid a BIG crash that happened right in front of me due to (one of many) unsafe moves on one particular rider's part. I very narrowly missed going down and am so glad I didn't.

I got to hang/race w/ my old buddy Brian Myrick, director of the Muncie Endruathon (which makes him my boss 1 day/year) and a reader. Good to see you man.

I also got to see/talk to former 24hr teammate, business acquaintance, buddy, cyclocross chear-er and reader Toby Holsman.

After racing Lindsay wanted to go ride MTB @ BCSP. I wasn't crazy about the idea due to having raced hard, and still planning on racing today. But if the worst compromise in our marriage is whether or not to ride more, than we're doing okay, so I went w/ it. Well kind of; I rode one lap, of about 1hr, then took a nature nap on a picnic table while I waited for her to finish which totally ruled.

So today was a bust race wise. I got up ~6, checked the radar and went back to bed. Shortly after which I got text message of the race cancellation. I thought it may be a totally bust, but there was a clearing on the radar around noon, so I got out for a little over an hour.

Plus I worked on my bikes some too, which needed to be done.

Next week is the BCSP RR (Brown County State Park Road Race). Big nasty climb (done, like, 6 times), but I think I'm ready for it. Grrrrr.

No comments: