Monday, April 13, 2009

Crazy cross winds, etc.

While the Belgians were winning in Roubaix, we in Bloomington were dealing with Flandarian winds.
A small group of four of us went out yesterday for ~55-60 miler. I wanted to get in a solid 3hrs, but effort required to put in the 2:35 we did was enough to make up for the lack of time. It was definitely some of the windier conditions in my memory; these were Muncie spring winds. You can't hide in cross wind, and it was blowing from the east/north/east which is kind of weird. I'd say we had maybe 10 total minutes of tail wind in the 2.5hrs. I felt good though and rode really good and hard. I'm actually a little sore today.
But it's raining today so I rode rollers to spin out the soreness.
Saturday was supposed to be the first MTB race of the year. Due to a bad forecast the RD cancelled it two day ahead of time. Bummer, I decided to just go into work. Then he uncancelled it about 3 hours before it was to start and I was already at work. Double bummer.
I did go to Upland Brewing Co. last night for a friends birthday and had a buffalo burger. I got it w/ their jalapeno blue cheese on it and it was a little overpowering. I wanted to taste the burger, but man, this stuff was hot and pungent. Good though.
This week is the first of the Bloomington Tri Club's 10mile TT's @ Morgan Monroe. The weather looks iffy, but we'll see. Sitting here right now, I don't feel like I have a TT effort in my legs, but I probably do given the amount of trainer riding I've done. Again, we'll see.

No comments: