Sunday, May 17, 2009

I started doing pot

But I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I'm snorting the pot.
Actually, I got a Neti Pot the other day. I've only used it a few times, but it really clears out the sinus and seems totally awesome. What it does is runs saline solution through your nasal cavity (in one nostril and out the other) to clear it out. It definitely feels weird, but being a former swimmer, water running through the nasal cavity is a feeling I'm used to; it's just been awhile. I'm excited about using this when I feel congested or have sinus pressure.

I wonder how long this guy waited for the Giro di Italia to pass him by.

The Sunday plan for Nashville 90 was vetoed due to SR 446 (the first ~20miles of the 90) being under construction (rumour is that it's freshly chipped, but not yet sealed, making it basically a tarry-gravel road). So we decided to ride the Gaitesville Route. But we were going to modify it for more distance by skirting to 135, going in the Horseman's camp entrance to BCSP, riding the Horseman's camp climb, then exiting the park at the North entrance. This was my idea, and we had to remember to bring our park passes to get into the park w/out paying. Well, of course, I was the only on of our three that forgot his pass. So we bagged the idea and just rode the Gaitesville route. It was so fricking windy that I wasn't too terribly upset about missing the extra mileage. We did however, ride super strong and av'd over 22mph for the ~67miles. That's pretty much killing it by my survey.
With that I got my 10+ hrs for the week. And other than low morning temps (it was 38 when I got up today), this week looks pretty good weather wise.
Take care all, talk to you later in the week.

No comments: