Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Time Trialling is hard.

More specifically, time trialling twice in three days is hard. Last night (Tuesday) was the third, but my first (due to crappy weather the other two), of the every-other-Tuesday Morgan Monroe State Forest 10mile TT. So despite having done a 40k Sunday, I went out for it. I rode good, and actually set a PR (I think) of 22.49. But I was feeling it once home. I woke up around 3am to pee and could barely walk (or at least it seemed so at the time). I felt much better at 7:30 when I actually got up, but still a little stiff.
This worried me a touch as I had planned on doing a hill attack workout today. I figured I'd just go out and give it what I have, whatever that may be. To my surprise I felt really good and rode really strong. I try to make myself feel as if I'm turning myself inside-out on the 4 climbs I do, but sometimes I can't get myself to the "heart jumping out of chest" level of effort. I thought today would be one of those where I can't, but it wasn't. Good feeling.
I'm going pretty good right now. My plan was (is) to have a couple hard weeks, then go into the BCSP MTB race off of that training, but then go into the IN State Road Race the following weekend rested from the block and try to get a result.
Here are a couple pics (taken in super low res): This is @ the start of DINO Warsaw. Right before the dude in white clipped the rebar and crashed into me.


Me and my "Sub Hour Club" shirt form the 40k Sunday.

No comments: