Friday, May 29, 2009

What a week...

I must say, I've had a pretty solid week training. All's been pretty normal w/ a couple exceptions. Tuesday was a scheduled MMSF TT, but there was a very solid forecast for rain in the evening, so I got out in the morning instead and rode a very hard solo loop of the MM Forest (rather than the TT course, which is out-and-back). The wind was all wrong for a blazing fast time at the loop (and I was on road bike), but I rode it hard and came in ~30sec slower than "really fast."
Then Wednesday I suited up for the Wednesday Worlds training race, which I rarely do due to working, but I decided to give it a go. There are a lot of CatI's and Cat II's that do this ride every week, so if you make the split, your basically racing a Cat I/II race at that point, which is good training. Anywho, there was a nasty crash coming over the first climb and I got caught up in it. A rider went down in front of me and I ran over his legs and bike, which sent me over-the-bars and into the ditch. It was lucky I went into the ditch rather than onto the pavement, which the other guy did and broke his collar bone. Total bummer. He's a Cat I and very experienced rider, so I'm not really sure what happened; accident I guess. After we regrouped the ride was very fast and it ended up with just me and the two dudes I normally ride with on Tues/Thurs mornings. It was a good hard 45-50miler that left me tired.
So Thursday, after Wed's night effort, I just rolled out ~1.5hr w/ no efforts or anything. Just turning pedals really.
Then Friday I dusted off the MTB and spun on it for ~1hr on the Clear Creek trail. BCSP MTB race is Sunday, so I figured a little spin on the MTB would be in order.

This is the view of my MTB cockpit:

And this is the view of the Clear Creak Trail from the MTB:
Friday I turned 31 and Lindsay got me a waffle maker, which I have wanted. It's pretty sweet. I used it this morning w/ ~94% success. I need to get my recipe/portion dialed in then I'll be a waffle making machine (that is to say, I'll be better at using my new waffle making machine). Pretty excited though.
Thanks to all for b-day wishes, etc!

No comments: