Thursday, May 14, 2009

What a week.

Despite a pretty bad week weather wise, I got in my full week training wise. Actually, looking at my calendar, I got in a full week last week too, but it was short hours due to racing TT on Sunday. A full week means I'm @ ~7hrs on Friday, so that a 3hr ride Sunday puts me @ 10. And I'm there. I have felt really good this week too. Very solid. And that's with a few crappy nights of sleep, so I'm a little pumped on that.

I did have to change my intended route twice on Thursday due to the biblical rains on Wed. I was going to do a good tempo 2-2.5hr ride and go up Catholic Cemetery rd (for the locs), but When I got to the high point of Anderson Rd. I saw this below: You can't really see too well in the pic, but it's a rushing foot or so of water across the road.

So I thought I'd ride Shilo Rd instead to get those hills in and when I looked to my right I saw this down Shilo: Again, crappy pic, but totally flooded.

So my only real option was to turn around and go back the way I came. I ended up going back to Old SR 37 and going North to the entrance of MMSF, then turned around and came back in. It was a solid 2hrs and I rode a good tempo, but route wise it was a bust.

So I hope to get in a Nashville 90 Sunday. I've yet to ride NV90 this year and I could use the long ride.

I also want to go on record saying there is a definite spring this year. I usually feel like (and say) that "it went from cold/crappy to hot" (this) year. Not this year. We for sure are going through a true spring. I kind of like it.


No comments: