Wednesday, May 06, 2009

It is spring...for sure.

This was taken off of Bottom Road Tuesday. Nice looking sky, lots of yellow in the field, lots of green beyond.

Then today I got rained on for 1.5hrs. That's how I'm sure it's spring.

But I got good quality ride in both days. Tuesday I ended up riding alone. I did the ~43mile Paragon route and rolled it really solid. I wasn't too sure how recovered I was from the weekend, so my plan was to roll it tempo, but I felt really good, so I rode it pretty hard (not super hard, but good steady effort).
Then today I got out for some TT intervals. This was the first time of the year for these and I have to say I felt a little soreness/tiredness in my legs today. These are 8min 53x12 gearing intervals based on 70rpm cadence. It should be noted that while this workout is pretty much solely based on cadence, my cadence unit wasn't picking up so I had to do these 100% on feel. I think I was pretty well on (based on time), but it was a little hard to do it blind. I have another cad sensor, which I switched out tonight and it's registering again.
In other news: our dryer crapped out. I took it apart to see if something obvious was wrong that I could fix, but no dice. So I called a guy and he knew right away from my description of the problem that the drive motor had bitten it. It's close to $200 to fix and a whole new machine is ~$280. This machine is ~5yrs old, so we're thinking we're better off just getting a new one and keeping this one for future parts.
I might be racing a 40k time trial this weekend. 40k's hurt so bad!!!

No comments: