Sunday, July 09, 2006

Nashville 90 (pretty much)

First off, my back is back to normal. It always hurts a little, so that’s normal.
I did the Nashville 90 today. All of the group originally planned faded for whatever reason, so I went it alone. I have to say, this is hands down the best long ride around. The roads are excellent and the hills are moderate. It’s not too hard. Plus it’s the easiest route imaginable for 90 miles. It turn, like, twice. One of the turns, you turn off of SR 58 onto SR 135 and the first thing you see is a sign that says "Nashville 26 miles." You’re headed north at that point and today the wind was coming form the north. Not too hard, but enough o be a nuisance. Overall, though, it’s a great ride. I titled this w/ the (pretty much) because I had about 86 miles by the time I got done. I took a little different route through Yellowwood St Forest that cut off a couple miles, but added some climbing. A big ride like this is always hard the first time you do it and don’t’ know the route, plus doing it alone. My speed was a little lower than I would have liked, but I can’t complain too much being solo and not knowing the "course."
Here’s the stats:
85.3 miles
4 hours 29 minutes
3419’ climbing
av speed 19.2
av HR 158
And I was stopped for a total of 3 minutes. 1 to pee and 2 to water up at a gas station. I hate stopping.
Sweet ride if you have the time.

And I was stopped for a total of 3 minutes. 1 to pee and 2 to water up at a gas station. I hate stopping.
Sweet ride if you have the time.
Lindsay and I went out and ate Tibetan food last night at The Snow Lion. It is the restaurant owned by the brother of the Dali Lama or something. It was good for sure, but I ordered a "4" hotness on the 1-5 and I should have gotten a "5." I douse all of food in either Franks Red Hot, Sriarcha or Buffalo brand Mexican hot sauce and I think I’ve built up a big tolerance for hot. I do love good hot food though.

No comments: