Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rained out...sorta

The forecast looked bad for today from a few days ago. I haven’t seen the strong storms yet, but it has rained. The radar looked like I had window to get it a shorter ride, so I suited up and set out. I didn’t get far. I got about a mile away and it started raining. It was enough to cover my glasses and make me wet and pissed, so I turned around. I thought to myself I would do a good stretching session in place of the ride because I don’t race for a couple of weeks and a day off won’t kill me (even though I had an interrupted week last week due to my back). I got in and decided to lace up my running shoes instead. I haven’t run since (probably) Nov or Dec, as that is off-season work for me. I ran for about 18 minutes and my legs are already sore. 18 minutes may not seem long, but that’s my middle distance run when I’m running. I just hate running; hurts to bad.
So I got home and stretched really god to (try to) keep the legs loose and my back in line. Plus I elevated my legs for about 5 minutes to jump start the lymphatic system (the body’s sewer). The rest of the forecast looks okay, barring the heat/humidity returning, so I should be able to get out on the bike in the coming days.
Then I’m headed to Muncie this weekend to cheer friends at the Endurathon half ironman. We’re going to ride in Muncie on Sunday, which will be fun because I haven’t been back at all, let alone to ride, since we moved about a year ago. It will be so different to ride there now after riding down here on hill country for a year. Plus it will cool to catch up with the peeps…

No comments: