Friday, September 01, 2006

9/1- the week

I feel like quoting Bret Michaels of Poison from the song "Look What the Cat Dragged In." "…ain’t seen the sun in the last three days." Of course he didn’t see the sun due to excessive partying and sleeping all day, the weather has been a total downer for me. And I think it’s been longer than three days. Gray weather kills my mood and brings me down.
Here’s my week:
Tuesday I set out for a 35 or so mile tempo ride, but it started raining a little about 15 minutes in and I had no interest in getting rained on when it’s cool out and my motivation to train is dwindling anyway, so I turned in. When I got into town it had stopped spitting, so I turned to take a very round about way in to add some time on. I ended up out by the Wapahani MTB park and saw RS and Tim Cote on their long run, so I chatted w/ them for few and continued on my way. I got in about an hour.
Wed the plan was to go for the hard ride w/ the crew, but RS and to work for a coworker that had kid issues, and Tim Cote was at school late, so I went solo and rode North Shore. My plan was to combine NS w/ Lanam Ridge Rd. to make a hilly bastard hard ride, but by the time I got to end of NS I was not interested in riding anymore hills hard, so I came straight in. I was able to ride hard and felt really good. It was a good, hard workout.
Thurs. I did my normal 4 hill interval ride, but for some reason decided to take the Fire Station hill (.635miles, 485’, 5.5% grade) in my big ring and stomp up it. I stayed in my 53x21. It was tough and my cadence dropped to 71 at a point or two and I’m sure it did nothing for me fitness wise, but I just wanted to do it. (maybe Blotinghouse in the big ring is next???)(probably NOT!)
Today I rode the normal Friday short/easy day.
I may go up to Town Run Park in Indy this weekend and do a dirt time trial. I always liked doing MTB TT’s, but haven’t this year at all. Their were some in Warsaw I used to go to from Muncie, but it’s way too far from here. Gas $$ is dropping, and it’s $10 to enter w/ profit going to the HMBA (Hoosier MTB Association), so I may check it out since I have a 2 day weekend headed my way. The TT is in the a.m. and then my parents are coming down later to check out the 4th St. festival and hang out. Should be fun.
Hopefully the sun is still in our orbit. If it is, maybe it will show its rays soon…?…

No comments: