Thursday, June 08, 2006

trapped in purgatory (Boltinghouse)

As punishment upon myself for missing yesterday, I deviated from the third hill on the 4 hill ride and replaced it w/ Boltinghouse hill. For those who don’t’ know (or don’t remember as I think I’ve spec’d it out before), Boltinghouse is less than ½ mile long (~.4mile), and gains 180 feet in that distance. This makes (according to my watch) for a average grade of 9.6%, and rumor is it reaches 20% in one spot. So That was my ride, 25 miles w/ a little over 1200’ of climbing.
Normal short ride tomorrow, off Sat and I think we’re going to go ride MTB at Brown County State Park Sunday. It may rain for the weekend, so we’ll see.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Wow, do you ever get sore from rides like that? Sounds brutal.

We got your rain this morning... thanks we needed it.