Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Boatramp TT

I went out and did the Pinegrove Boat ramp time trial this morn. I rolled out nice and easy, hit the TT like a man possessed, then rolled in easy. I PR-ed (personal record-ed) the TT w/ a time of 11.17, which is a little over 21mph for the 4 miles (and remember, the first 2 are pretty much straight uphill). Again though, on the final leg off the boat ramp, the black lab that lives there ran out in front of me, costing me a few precious seconds. Oh well the B-Town record stands at 11.11, (http://colinallen.dnsalias.org/cgi-bin/pgkr.cgi) so I’m 6 seconds off of that, and that dog probably robbed me of 3 or 4 of those counting slowing, yelling, getting back to speed, recovering from all-of-the-above and having my rhythm broken. Whatever, it’s just amongst friends anyway.
So, w/ that my week mileage will end up a little low, but that’s okay because I had three hard days on a row (Sat, Sun and Mon), but only Mon counts toward this week. My hours will likely be okay(ish), as I’ll probably ride 2-3 Sunday, but at a recovery pace. Then I’ll try to get in a full normal week next week.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Nice job on the TT with you and Shanny battling it out for 1st place.

Jumpy