Sunday, November 20, 2005

B-Town CX #1

First race of the Bloomington Underground Cross Series today. Pretty hard course, a lot of fast guys (JL Serriere, Matt Batton, Tim Cote, Issacc Neff, Ryan Shanahan...). We met at Soma coffee sho and rode to the course, which was at the bell tower (on 10th, I believe). Race was 40 min+lap. The course had an uphill/off camber barrier jump. Super hard to get momentum after that one. I ended up either 5th or 6th. Serriere flatted and lost laps, but no one was sure how many, so I either beat him and got 5th, or he was 4th, pushing me to 6th (Tim finished one ahead of me).
After the race we went on a CX ride over toward Nashville via bike paths in town, single track out of town and gravel roads back. It ended up being about 16 miles, which was tough after just racing cross for 45min; let alnoe the group of fast guys I was with.
Overall, I'd say this was one of the hradest weekends of rding I've had in along time. I'm cooked and tired. OFF DAY TOMORROW for sure.

No comments: