Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cross in the snow

There is snow stivking today. It's the first snow by, I think, Chuck Laughton's standard, or is it Chris Wright? Anywho, they say if you can "track a cat," than it's considered an official snow. After about 10 minutes of struggle within between riding cross or riding trainer, I suited up to go out. I went over to the football stadium, like last week, and rode laps. There were alot of cars coming and going tough. They kept botching my barrier jumps, basically becasue I didn't want to be dismounting/remounting in front of an audience by myself. One has to look like an idiot jumping overstuff ina parking lot on a bike, given the general unfamiliarity w/ cyclocross. People wouldn't be thinking "oh look, that guys trainingfor CX." They're more likely to think "what the hell is wrong with that dude." Anyway, it's about 30* and kind of windy. I rode for only about 45min, then did my 200 situps routine. One of the Tortuga gys wants to rdie tomorrow am, but I don't know if I'll have time to get a decent ride in before leaving town for t-giving in Frankfort. I was planning on running, which I will probably do, then hit the road for some turkey etc.
Have good thanksgiving, you my loyal readers.

No comments: