Friday, March 10, 2006

Lord Wellington Osaku Goldstein's identity crisis

I'll get to the title explanation in aminute. First, Lindsay and I went to eat at Noddle Town Chinese joint tonight. It was good. I had a tofu/vegetable dish that was doen well. Here's the kicker though, they take cahs only. Fine, if you want cash only, but in this day/age, it needs to be posted in large ass print on the door so it's seen clearly BEFORE you enter. No one carries cash anymore. Not accepting cards at your business is a bad idea anyway, but not posting that you only take cash is just irresponsible. Anyway, we were paying for our own meals seperatley and the guy says he can go use the card machine at some restaurant next door, but can use only one card. Pretty shady.
So after dinner we went to Borders Books to look at magazines and stuff. This is where we came across Lord Wellington Osaku Glodstein. When we walk in and went to the mag rack, there's this Japanese dude talking super loud (yelling really) into a cell phone. Everyone around is looking at him and each other and laughing amongst themselves. I join in this fun. Now here's where his name came from: he's clearly japanese, but kept saying into his phone "I'm so bloody pissed right now," so I figured he's a Japanese Brit. Fair enough. BUT, he kept dropping his call and he would give a very Jewish "oyy vey," so I assume, 'oh, he's a Japanese, British, Jew,' hence the name. Oh, and he had a pony tail too. Anywho, he's yelling about how "bloody pissed" he his onto his phone and I looked at him a gave a shrug laugh thing. He looks at me and has the nerve to say "mind your won business." I say "I'm trying to, but you're talking way too loud to allow that." That's the beginning/end of our confrontation. Probably for the best. We did catch him say however, that he makes $20,000/month! Pretty sweet cash. The next person he was talking to (yelling to), though, he wanted to come down to hang w/ him tomorrow. The Lord told this friend "I don't have any furniture, you'll need to bring a sleeping bag." I guess his first check hasn't been deposited yet.
PEOPLE: NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN TO YOU TALK ON YOUR PHONE. EITHER TAKE IT OUTSIDE, DON'T ANSWER IT, OR TALK QUIETLY IF YOU MUST!
Disclaimer: Those who know me know I'm not racisist or (too) ethnocentric. This situation occured due to the rudeness and lack of recognition of cell phone etiquite demonstrated by The Lord. Not by due to his ethnicity(s).

1 comment:

Gina said...

I agree completely on the lack of a sign for only accepting cash and sheer rudeness of people on cell phones.
And what nerve that guy had telling you to mind your business! Oblivious idiot!
Even those cell phone drivers piss me off! Pay attention!!!