Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah

Hindsight is usually 20/20, but how did we ever believe that the voices behind Milli Vanilli belonged to the faces of Milli Vanilli? Those two just didn’t look like they would harbor the soul full voices that we all heard.
Anywho, I was rained out today. I decided last night that if it was raining when I got up, it was back to bed. I don’t race for a couple weeks, so a slightly lighter, weather interrupted week won’t do any harm. Well, it wasn’t raining, but cloudy and dark. I figured I go ahead and get up and see what was to happen over the next 30-45 minutes while I had coffee and stuff. It rained a little, so I decided it was off. Then it cleared a little, so I decided it was back on. I dressed, left and it started raining before I even got through campus. I had my rain jacket in my pocket, but that was for if it let loose while I was 20 miles from home, not 2. I turned back in and got in 21 minutes and 5 miles for the day. So, I’ll be about 30 miles and 1.5-2 hrs down at the end of the week, but as I said, it’s not a race week, so whatever.
The rest of the week is looking okay, so we’ll see what that brings. This weekend on Sunday Lindsay is going to a MTB skills clinic for women @ Town Run Park in Indy, so I may go w/ her and meet some people and ride MTB’s. Or I may try to get in a ride to Nashville via Bear Wallow Hill (one of the top hardest climbs around here). I’ve been wanting to get in this ride for several weeks now, but either foul weather or racing has gotten in the way. Maybe his weekend. Then again though, the Town Run race always goes to someone who has ridden the course a bunch, so I should probably go ride it. We'll see.
Oh, and check out Lindsay's second place finish form DINO Avon: (it's a result page, not a pic)
http://www.dinoseries.com/mtb/results/2006/tuneup/BeginnerWomen.htm

No comments: