Friday, April 28, 2006

The Flood

I didn’t get a post yesterday. I got in late due to a screw up w/ the end of day report at work, then had a Tortuga team meeting to go to. So I didn’t get home until about 8:00, had to eat, shower etc, then the ebloggger site was not working right, so I just didn’t want to mess w/ it. I got in the standard Wed. 4 hill ride yesterday. It was a little chilly, especially on the descents, but I made it. I should have wore gloves, but didn’t. My hands hurt they were so cold. By the time I left work I was about hungry enough to chew my hand off, which is pretty much how I always feel, so I stopped by the BBC (Bloomington Bagel Company) for a bagel. It never ceases to amaze me that if you get a bagel w/ no cream cheese, or schmear as they call it, it’s only, like 70cents. That is killer.
I rode the Schwartz Ridge Hoosier Hills route today for a short easy Friday jaunt. I tried this route a little over a month ago and the road at the SRA (State Recreation Area) for Lake Monroe was flooded over. It was a Sunday, so we had time to get lost if it came to that, so we found a ‘new’ way in (and didn’t get lost). Well, this road was STILL flooded today. It’s been over a month. And the water’s high; around 3’. It makes me wonder when they will stop calling it a flooded road and just start calling it part of the lake.
Anywho I now knew another way in, which I took. No biggy, but given this ride hits a few busy ass roads AND seems to be perpetually flooded, I may just dump it and stick to the Bethl-hwy45-russell road ride instead for short Fridays.
Looks like some rain this weekend. Ryan and I and some peeps were (are) planning a Nashville ride, so hopefully we can get that in, or at least something. If I’m on a trainer this weekend, I’ll be pissed. Plus Lindsay has her girls MTB skills clinic in Indy Sunday so hopefully that parade doesn’t get rained on either.

~A couple numbers~
I was figuring out abotu hpw many milesI have on my chain and here's where I am:
For the season (which started the third week of Dec for me) I have 2,089 miles.
For the calendar year (Jan 1 through yesterday) I have 1,946 miles.
Not too shabby.

No comments: