Friday, May 19, 2006

Been a couple days

Sorry to the faithful, it’s been a couple days. I’ve been busy (which is totally a relative term) and Insight has been "upgrading" the broadband service here, which seems to mean that most evenings there is no internet connection. Hopefully it turns out for the better.
Well, here are the few things I can think of:
I have gotten in a full week of training so far despite wetness and cool a.m. temps. I still have Sunday to get in a long one, but it’s looking doable weather wise thus far. I had to redirect today’s ride due to Russell Road being closed for construction. No biggy, as Friday is a short easier ride anyway, but it did cut off about 2 miles, which on a 18 mile ride is significant. Whatever, I’m just happy to get in full weeks.
It was National Bike To Work Day today. I ride to work everyday, so it’s all the same to me, but it’s cool to have the community recognize "us."
Last night Lindsay and I ate frog legs. My Mom got them for us when she came down to visit and took Lindsay to the market for the phat, madd grocery hook up. I grilled the frog and I must say, it was damn good. Frog is thought of (to my knowledge) as a hillbilly food, not a delicacy at all, but I really liked it. It’s been years since I’ve had frog, and when I got it as a kid it was for the novelty of eating frog, so I was impressed with how good it actually is.
Have a good weekend all, tomorrow’s a day off of riding, then Sunday is long. Maybe I’ll check out the Pinegrove 4 mile TT tomorrow eve after work, we’ll see.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I really want to make fun of you and call you a hillbilly, but I can't think of anything funny to say! Now what grocery store sells frog legs?

Way to buck up and ride your bike to work! Just kidding. Have a great day off tomorrow.