Thursday, May 04, 2006

Good Wed; MTB @ WAP

I didn’t post yesterday because when I got home from riding Lindsay and I got talking and I didn’t get around to it. Then when I got home form work the internet connection wasn’t working. I went through all of the diagnostic crap and none of it fixed it. I gave up and "went for a walk," which turned into me wandering aimlessly around the campus for 2.5 hours. It was nice, really. I wanted to get out and clear my head. This campus is really nice w/ its wooded areas and old buildings. I found a graded somewhere behind the university theatre (not the auditorium) an picked (read: stole) a couple of flowers for Lindsay. Only one made it home fully intact, but it’s the thought. Right?
I had a good quality work out yesterday. I did a loop of the Morgan Monroe forest via up Beanblossom Hill. I averaged just over 19.1mph for the ride, w/ town and everything. For comparison, I did this ride w/ RS and Serriere when we moved here and all three of us (w/ those to hammers doing all of the pissing, uh pulling) we averaged 19.7. Verdict: I’m happy averaging slightly lower than I did w/ "eh hem" the two fastest guy around, by myself.
Today I went to Wapahani and rode MTB for about an hour. I drove there, as I’m on a time budget. I wanted to ride MTB before the weekend, just to freshen up. I wish I could say I rode well, but I didn’t ride, well, great anyway. I rode okay, I guess. A few sections of the course were wet and/or tore up. Add into this that I was riding on dry condition tyres and I had a few problems. Nothing big though. And if I had been on wet tyres, I would have been fine. I’m taking both tyres this weekend and will decide when I get there what to use.
That’s about it. Short/easier tomorrow, then race Sat. We will be going through Frankfort after Sat’s race, as my brother will be ion town. We’re going to go out of the way to stop in and hang for a while. Should be cool.
Early day Saturday…

2 comments:

Randy Lewandowski said...

19.1 by yourself - Nice average on the Morgan forest/Bean Blossom. All of your hard work is paying off. In my opinion, anyone who moves to Bloomington and rides a lot is bound to get stronger on the hills.
Good luck this weekend, I think Jane Prater is coming to the race.

Jumpy

Gina said...

Such a romantic... sweet gesture for Lindsay :)