Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Late start lifting

I got alittle of a late start lifting this morning, so I skipped the medicne ball throws to get home and get reay for work in time. No big loss, but I'm a little behind where I like to be right now. The culprit: the prorposed Bloomington Greenway system. Muncie has an awesome rali-trail, but it doens't really go anywhere. It's great for cyclists, but as for general communtiy use, it's kind of a bust. Bloomington has a very short, very out-of-the-way rail trail right now, but that's all about to change. If they get done what they've proposed, this town will be more bike friendly than car friendly. Here's the website for the proposal, if anyone's interested (even though I'm sure nobody's interested). It's ong (like 68 pages, Adobe).
http://www.storrowkinsella.com/projectwebs/0543_MonroeCo_AltTransPlan/index.htm

So I did al my normal lifts, minus medicine ball. I froced myself to really soncentrate on situp form to make up for it. Whatever. I'll do a spin tonight on rollers, then it's done w/ the 2-a-days for this week! Although w/ Matt planning on coming down I may have to shuffle my schedule to accomodate Sat being an on day, when it's usually an off day.
Song on @ the Y today: When Doves Cry
You Give Love a Bad Name (when you're pushing up a squat and you hear 'fanga tips' it really motivates to push)

Rule.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

I'm very interested in trails, Greenways and general alternative forms of transportation. If any town has the opportunity to get this thing right it would have to be Bloomington IN. Besides using trails just for recreational purposes we need to have right of ways along side roads so that more and more people have the opportunity to commute by bike.