Thursday, January 12, 2006

Short cross ride

I rode the length of the unpaved Clear Creek trail today. I expected to put in just ovr an hour, but it ended up being about 45min. After turning around at the end and realizing it was goign to be short I decided to do some sprints on the cx bike. It was pretty good. Sprinting on a cx bike on gravel is a little challenging. You have keep your eyes glued in front of you for terrain changes and your rr wheel is jumping up due to bumps and stuff. It was anokay ride, allbeit short.
The other day while riding the cc trail I saw this really cool old Huffy frame on the side. It is a "Breaking Away" frame made in the wake of the movie. It needs a ton of work to be functional (half of the rear triagle is missing), but I want to something w/ it. I may clean it up and make a wood backer for it and use it as decoration. Or I may try to get it working and use it as a townie.
We'll see what I come to over the next few weeks, or months.

No comments: