Thursday, February 16, 2006

A.M. lift

Did my normal lift routine today. It felt pretty good, although my lower back is a little sore from MTB yesterday. The jarring of MTB tends to be hard the lower back until you start doing it semi-regularly. No biggy.
There was some meat head on the squat rack for a real long time sqauting 405lbs. I wanted to watch him because he wasn't huge like Lou Farigno or anything and I consider 405 a lot of weight. The dude was going down to about a 45* angle. That's not to take away from him, it'd still be hard to push up that much weight, even if he's going down about half of what he should be. It's always been my opinion that one's better off using a full range of motion and focusing on form. That's just me though, I'm not working to look big, I'm working to improve motion for cycling and decrease proneness to injury. So meat heads, don't be offended we have different goals.
Off the next couple days, then we'll see about Sunday. It's supossed to be just over frezzing, but sunny. May try to get out, otherwise it'll be trainer time!

No comments: