Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Same lift as Mon.

I did anothe day of endurance lifting today. It is harder thanit seems. On top of doing the higher rep really fast, I'm following it directly with half the weight of the actual set, but even more reps and even faster. Example, if I (dumbbell) bench 20lbs 15x fast, I'll then drop the 20's, pick up 10's and do 20 reps even faster. It wierd how hard benching 10 lbs gets after all that w/ very little rest. I'll do this routine agian Friday, then next week I'm going to do a 'taper' like lift week, slightly lower weight than normal, but focus on formand breathing, etc. Then nomore lifting for this season.

Music today @ the Y:
Bust A Move- Young MC
??There She Was ??- Talking Heads (not sure if that's the title or not)

I made a big pot of black and pinto beans the other day that I've been eating off of the past few days. I've had them w/ rice and w/ a mexican flair. It' the first time I've ever cooked dried beans. They came out a little mushy, I think I need to cook them slower next time. I was riding rollers while they were cooking, so I didn't really check on them . I soaked them all day while I was at work, then cooked them for 1.5 hrs. I think I should try cooking them on lower heat for 2-3 hours next time.

No comments: