Saturday, February 11, 2006

Slight change of plans

Yesterday (friday) was my official "last lift day." However, Lindsay forgot to cancel the Y memeberhsip, so I have another two weeks available to me. I have already stuck in my head that I'm done w/ 2-a-days for the year and I want to start a regualr cycling schedule, even if it's inside, so I'm going to lift once a week for next couple of weeks, just because I can. So Wed or Thurs, probably, I'll go lift. and I'll ride every other day, except Saturday, which I'll take off still.
We went over the Ryan and Sarahs for dinner last night. It was nice as we haven't hung out w/ them for probably a month or so. Sarah has awlays been a great cook and I used to eat w/ them at least once a week in Muncie. Last night was no upset; we had a killer tomatoe based bean soup w/ little pasta thingies and hot sauce. Good stuff. Tomorrow is the final CX race in the B-Town series. Also the final race of the looming 2005 season. After a few days off next week, Josh and Dan from Indy want to come down and ride next weekend. That should be fun; it always is. Road racing starts up in about three weeks and Josh decided he wanted to ride outside at least once before toeing the line. Not that he needs to, he's a well of talent. One of those who can not sit on a bike for a year and go ride good. I guess he's getting older though and even though he and I are the same age your body acts different year after year.
Linds and I are planning to go to breakfast tomorrow after the CX. Runcible Spoon again probably. I'll report on it all tomorrow.

I went on Itunes and bought a bunch of Outkast w/ my free gift cards I got re-siging the lease. When my comp crashed out a couple years ago I lost all of my Outkast somehow. I retrieved everything else, but the Outkast was gone. Wierd.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Josh to me is unbelievable talent. I always laugh on a ride when Josh and Luther show up as their natural abilities are worlds apart. Last June Josh was on the 135 mile ride to Celina Ohio. It was like his 3rd ride in the previous month. Although he did not pull much in the second half of the ride he looked totally fine the whole ride and never complained about the distance or the tough pace. Luther turned around when we hit Albany on the way out. He was complaining about his back but I think he was just scared of the 135 miles. Any new rider needs to pay atention to Josh's super bike handleing skills. We have bumped each other a bunch of times on the T/R ride and it's never a problem for him.
I'm not sure where Dan is with his natural talent but I'm assuming it's a notch down from Josh's.

Jumpy